Early morning sunrise on the FW

Early morning sunrise on the FW
Out to sea - beautiful out there

Friday, January 15, 2010

Still working on the chest of drawers

Well, here I am still working on the chest of drawers that I started back in October.   Heck, at this rate one would think I never get anything done with woodworking.   And, over the past few months that is the way it is.  
The chest of drawer project has moved along a little though.   I have installed the drawer slides on to the main frame of the project.   The slides are high quality and are of the auto-closing style.   That style of drawer slide is the preferred type for me.  
I'm taking a break for a while.   But, that doesn't mean that the project doesn't go on.   It goes on in my head.   Sometimes different thoughts come together.   Before you know it you may be putting special little twists and turns that create a unique project that even you didn't expect.
It's my intentions to cut some oak veneered plywood for the sides and back, so that they slide into the rabbets already cut into the main frames.   The drawer fronts will be attached to the flush fitting drawers proper and will rest upon the front face frame as well.
I'm not sure about the top yet.   I may make that piece it from a glued up hardwood and route the edges into nice presentation that would finish well and be the accent needed to make a plain box a stunning object of conversation.   I can only wish.   I'll get back on it soon.
Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment