Early morning sunrise on the FW

Early morning sunrise on the FW
Out to sea - beautiful out there

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Projects for the Christmas holidays

What projects are you going to work with over the Christmas holidays?
I've been appointed to make a podium for a business group that I belong.   I've never made one of those before so coming up with a design is a brand new experience.
I've been rolling ideas over in my head and come up with a few real cool features.   One of these features is goingto be a special pull out drawer at the very bottom that will allow another couple of inches elevation for the vertically challenged speaker.   Best of all, I'm going to name that feature after a favorite "short" friend of mine in that orgainzation.
Another feature will include an over sized document platform that will incorporate a cool LED (small) light and another for a microphone tucked away in the corner.   I've been considering how to make some hidden rollers or wheels underneath to make it easy to move....but yet be heavy enough to remain still even with the most ruthless speaker.....ha.
The materials will probably be oak or maybe cherry......I haven't decided yet.
But, one thing for sure, I'm going to need to make the adjoining corners exact....no room here for any non-fitting angles.
The real challenge is to make this thing so that it isn't too heavy but still heavy enough to render comfort to challenged orators.   This thing has to work.
I'll post more info later.   So if any of you out there come up with any ideas that may help, feel free to comment.
Till then......happy wood-working.....

No comments:

Post a Comment